Today I want to welcome debut author Jewel E. Leonard to kick off her blog tour for her book Tales By Rails. While I normally stick to discussing YA here at Fueled By Coffee and Books, Jewel writes erotic romance and she is a dear friend of mine. So keep in mind that this book is for adults who enjoy steamy romance.
Click here to check out Tales By Rails on Goodreads.
Jewel lives with her husband, 7-year-old son and 19-month-old daughter in North Central Texas. The Leonards recently adopted a black kitten who will be Jewel’s minion of darkness in short order.
She has been writing since the early 1980s and enjoys reading historical fiction, paranormal and romance. Jewel has a long-standing affinity for witches, werewolves, ghosts, vampires, and epic love affairs. These elements creep out of her pen and bleed through the pages of her stories whether or not she wants them to. Often, her alpha-style leading men fall in love hard and fast (and on occasion, even unapologetically). On the flip-side, her leading ladies are feisty, head-strong, disinterested in falling in love (until the right man comes along), and at least a little neurotic.
Her contemporary stories feature the same types of men and women but also include a heavy helping of pop culture references. Jewel likes to fly her geek flag and encourages others to do the same.
When not writing, Jewel may be found wielding pointy sticks (knitting hats, gloves, and socks) or crocheting, and she has even been known to paint the occasional landscape. Those who know her will tell you all about her penchant for pumpkin spice everything, coffee, flowers, and friends.
So without further ado, I present Jewel’s TOP TEN!
AUTHOR TOP TEN
1. My longing for success has always earned me a spot in Slytherin when I take those Hogwarts house sorting quizzes online.
2. My poisons of choice are coffee, cola and chocolate. And Red Vines.
3. I’ve been writing since the early 80s. One of the earliest stories I remember writing was about a runaway. Tales by Rails? About a runaway. Some things never change.
4. I have a neck fetish. I may also have a thing for a finely groomed mustache.
5. I wrote smut in elementary school. It was so dirty that when my parents found it, they wouldn’t allow my older brothers to read it. (I didn’t know a thing about what I was writing.)
6. I have a cock collection. My roosters range from ceramic to wood to metal and they are all over my kitchen. My husband always tells me to pick up another decoration when he sees them on sale.
7. I’m writing my dearly departed kitty into a novel. She’s going to be a vampire.
8. I love music. The more I listen, the more I write.
9. Like Surfer Boy, I’ve never stepped foot on a plane. I have traveled much of the United States and into Vancouver, British Columbia. I love road trips and train rides! I collect key chains from states I’ve driven through.
10. No matter how hopeless I feel, no matter how likely I am to fail in this endeavor . . . I will keep going. I always do. As long as the stories are there, I’ll write them.
You can download Tales By Rails here.